Language Links I LoveRead Now
A round up of the best language stories:
1. Being bilingual is attractive. According to online dating service Plenty of Fish's latest language study findings, Americans think it's sexy to speak another language. Which languages do you think took the top spots as sexiest languages in the world? See the answer here.
2. 5 unexpectedly helpful Croatian phrases for your upcoming holiday to Croatia. Samo malo is such a good phrase that is never in any of the phrase books! Classic post written by my bestie, Elaine Ritchel, of Sante Fe Art Tours.
3. Have you heard about the Inter-Slavic Language in the making by a Czech Linguist and Croatian Anthropologist? It makes sense when you realize that in geographic Europe (from Portugal to Ural) there are mostly Slavic languages speakers - about 250 million or 32, 3 percent of European populations. Creating a common pan-Slavic language would be especially helpful for Google translate fails that we see too often when translating Slavic languages.
4. 8 Reasons You Should Never Swim in the Adriatic - Not what you would expect! If you're interested in traveling to Croatia, my dearest friends Sarah and Ivan run Royal Croatian Tours and will help you plan and achieve your perfect trip!
5. For a laugh, even if you don't speak German, 19 Signs The German Language Is Just Trolling Us - So funny!
6. Dharni, a revolutionary young beatboxer shows you how to learn how to beatbox by simply learning a few Polish words. You've got to hear this to believe it!
Tweet me your favorite language link of the week or leave a comment below!
7/11/2017 11:41:08 am
hahaha I absolutely love this post! It's always so interesting to learn little gems about foreign languages and how people use them. Samo malo from that Croatian post is genius, it so simple that I bet no Croat would ever even consider teaching it and it make such a difference!
Thank you so much for your comment David! I love learning about other languages and cultures. It's so fun to be so connected with people from all over the world through the Internet. I just posted a new roundup of language links I love here: http://www.speakathometonight.com/blog/language-links-i-love-july-2
8/2/2017 05:12:38 pm
Thank you so much for reading! :)
8/2/2017 05:12:10 pm
Thanks so much for reading! I think it's so interesting too :)
9/6/2017 10:43:07 am
Thanks so much for reading Ravinder!
5/7/2022 11:39:19 am
Thank for sharing your valuable information or connect with <a href="https://ggmpl.com/">ggmpl with best opporitunity </a>
Leave a Reply.
Polish-American Polyglot, Language Expert, German Teacher, M.Ed., married to my dream guy, the Croatian Sensation. Let's connect!
I aim to provide as much free content as possible to help teach others around the world how to speak another language. I am trying out using affiliate links, which means that I may earn a tiny commission if you click on a link or make a purchase through a link posted here. All opinions and materials are my own, unless otherwise stated. If you use and like my materials, let me know! :)